The A. E. Schlueter pipe organ in the sanctuary of Cordele First deserves its own section of the website because it is such a vital part of the music ministry here at the church. It contains 1361 pipes (22 ranks) that are playable via three manuals and pedals. The organ replaced the Möller pipe organ that was built in 1924-1925 as a two manual instrument with 14 ranks. The existing Möller case was restored with a reduction of case depth (30 ”) to allow more room in the choir loft. Some of the pipes from the former instrument were retained and re-voiced. The organ is complemented by Walker custom digital voices.
The organ specification was designed to be eclectic, paying homage to American Classicism. The tonal intent was “to design an instrument that was warm but not at the expense of clarity, and clear but not at the expense of warmth.”
The organ resources are controlled by a three manual draw-knob console. The console is built of mahogany with ebony division dividers. The console features modern conveniences for the organ performer such as multiple memory levels, programmable crescendo and sforzando, the ability to playback and record organ performance, and MIDI.
Here are Specifications: